Which is delicious? Kwek-Kwek or Tokneneng?

To be honest with you guys .. I’m still confuse between the two coated eggs..What I know, the kwek-kwek is the smaller one and tokneneng is the bigger one. Since the smaller one is from a quail’s egg,. if you pronounce the  word kwek-kwek,  it sounds a little bit of quail . (Kwe-kwey-l).. make sense? I don’t think so. Lelz. I asked the  manong guy which one is the kwek-kwek and tokneneng.... I’m correct..daw (Akalain mo yun hehhe!)



Everytime I eat kwek –kwek or tokneneng, I always think one my bestfriends. I called him bessy. One time I told him “ Bessy bili tayo ng kwek kwek..masarap yan” He responded.. Bessy wag "deadful" yan..

I get he’s point about the word “deadful”. This is just his expression about the street foods. He’s not saying all street foods are dirty but there are some stalls who are failed on his standards with regards to the cleanliness  on the preparation of the food. We might get bacteria and germs from eating of it  that will cause diseases like heap B, stomach ache,  cough, and others (sosyal ng bessy ko).



Some would agree to me that street foods are really delicious.. (lalo na pag gutom na gutom ka na at wala ka ng pang-bili ng jolibee.. ung tipong pera mo na lang sa wallet ay 10 pesos) . Almost everywhere you can find food stalls selling tokneneng and kwek-kwek.  Even me, I love streetfoods.  But sometimes I really have a “BIG” doubt to buy it. I’m thinking of what my bessy told me.. Yeah it’s very affordable…. but it’s very expensive if you hospitalized due to the diseases that you get from eating of it. I told him na lng ( Bessy Bkit ung iba hindi nagkakasakit o nahohospital kahit araw araw kumain,” He responsded.. “Bessy Immune na ksi sila”..  (naks may ganun pa ang bessy). But he has point of that…maybe if  this is the first time you gonna eat street foods,, bwenasin ka sa sakit hehehe

One time, I spotted a stall in one streets of Cubao selling tokneneng and kwek-kwek..  Even I’m so hungry,,,,I always have a doubt if I will buy or NOT….but since I saw the manong guy just opened his food cart. I said to my mind na lng.. hmmm.. “wala pang bumibili…so hindi na nababalahura ung sawsawan hehehe” .

In fairness to the tindahan of the manong guy.. It’s clean.. the utensils look also clean.. The oil doesn’t look it’s used 100 times. Puno pa yung sawsawan.. Everything is fine. Maybe that’s the reason why I convinced myself.. “ sige na nga bili na ako… namiss ko na ng sobra ang ITLOG na toh lelz.”



I really love the “sawsawan”. It's a combination of sourness and sweetness./yum yum.. I put a lot of cucumber chunks on my cup.. ( ginawang kanin ang pipino at ulam an itlog). Super sarap.. talga as in SOLVE..

I like more the tokneng than the kwek-kwek..I believe the tokneneng is from penoy while the kwek kwek is from itlog pugo. Is that right?

Some told me that the recipe of it is very simple.. Just prepare flour, food coloring, salt, seasoning, quail egg or duck and oil.

The price of the tokneneng and kwek-kwek are both 10 pesos ..Some are selling it at P12 ..really depends on the vendors..

KWEK-KWEK and TOKNENENG are available everywhere...

How about you? Which one do you LIKE?  KWEK-KWEK or TOKNENENG?

No comments:

Post a Comment